Award is open to any registered SMJFL player, umpire, group of players or team who:
- Has represented their Club or the League during the year of award
- Has not been sanctioned and received a guilty outcome at tribunal or equivalent
A person or team nominated for this award must have demonstrated fair and sporting behaviour and characteristics.
Examples of admirable behaviour include but are not limited to;
- The individual or team possess a positive attitude,
- Strive to be a good role model for peers and the community,
- Demonstrate cooperation and respect in dealing with coaches and teammates,
- Commitment to team performance over individual success.