The South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) is excited to celebrate the first ‘Community Cup’ this Sunday at Hurlingham Park, which will consist of two Under 12 ‘Intraleague’ curtain-raisers to SMJFL Grand Finals.
All clubs were asked to nominate players for the Under 12 Boys and inaugural Under 12 Girls Intraleague.
The games will be played in the community spirit as teams don the Melbourne FC and St Kilda FC guernseys to go head-to-head in a mini local derby.
The Under 12 Boys will be playing for the Dal Santo-Bruce Cup, named after St Kilda FC legend and Next Gen coach Nick Dal Santo and former Melbourne FC utility and local to the SMJFL, Cameron Bruce.
The Under 12 Girls will play for the Lee-Searle Cup, named after Melbourne FC champion Debbie Lee and St Kilda FC female coach and trailblazer Peta Searle, who also played for Mordialloc-Braeside as a junior.
These matches will form part of a number of highlights and activities for SMJFL supporters to take part in throughout the day.
- Melbourne FC & St Kilda FC supporting the inaugural SMJFL Community Cup (curtain-raisers to the Grand Finals) as league Football Partners. Giving our Under 12 mini legends the change to pull on the teams AFL playing guernsey!
- Melbourne FC FREE COFFEES!
- Melbourne FC roving AFL W Players & Mascots.
- Melbourne FC Face-painting
- St Kilda FC ‘Saints Alley’ activities
- St Kilda FC Next Generation and Junction Studio information booths
- Dynamic Footy Skills footy fun activations
- TW Sherrin roving mascot
- Thrilling Grand Finals highlighting the participation pathway for our girls and boys from beginners to top-age competitions.