The SMJFL welcomes you to Week 1 of the 2013 SMJFL Finals Series, proudly presented by Colbrow Homecare.
After 14 rounds of competition, the Under 11 to Under 13 age groups will see the top 4 teams play off for a Premiership. Meanwhile, it’s Preliminary Final weekend in the Under 15 Girls, with four teams battling it out for those two Grand Final places.
For all teams not competing in Finals, congratulations for making this season one of the best on record. The SMJFL has grown again in 2013 to a total of 376 teams across 44 individual boys and girls competitions. The season has been played in wonderful spirit generally and all teams should be very proud of the way they represented their clubs and league.
The Finals are an exciting time for those that take the field. They invariably involve much higher levels of support from family, friends and club supporters. We welcome spirited support of those participating, however please remember the best support encourages those involved with great enthusiasm but always within the spirit of the game – and also within the SMJFL By-Laws ‘Parents and Supporters Code of Conduct’. Please see the excerpt below:
Parents and Supporters Code of Conduct
• Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
• Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
• Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
• Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
• Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
• Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
• Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
• Do not use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and yourself if you do – and many such comments are actually now illegal.
Please also note that the SMJFL’s preferred partner for homecare and nursing, Colbrow Homecare, is sponsoring Week 1 of the 2013 SMJFL Finals Series.
Whether it’s one-hour respite or 24-hour care, Colbrow Homecare’s dedicated workforce of nurses and carers provide care to the aged and frail, the disabled, new mothers, discharged patients and those who require palliative care.
As part of its sponsorship of the SMJFL, Colbrow Homecare is offering $100 cash back to your SMJFL club for every confirmed homecare booking with Colbrow Homecare for four hours or more – just mention your club’s name when the booking is made.
Call Colbrow now on 1300 550 192 with your enquiry.
Good luck to all teams competing this weekend!