Join Monash University Dietetic Students Kali and Roisin for Episode 4 of Marketplace Fresh TV. This week, learn how to make healthy burgers.
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serving: 12 (250g per serve)
*Allergen: gluten (wheat, oat), egg, beef, mustard, sulphite
- 350 g lean minced beef
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 2 medium zucchini (grated)
- 1 large green apple (cored and grated)
- 5 cup rolled oat (blended)
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 hamburger buns
- 5 tbsp grainy mustard
- 4 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 whole lettuce
- Combine beef, carrot, zucchini, apple, oats, parsley, herbs and egg together until well
- Form into 12
- Grill or barbecue, using moderate heat, for about 5 to 6 minutes on each
- While burgers are cooking, heat oil and cook onion, stirring several Alternatively, onions can be used raw.
- Split and toast buns. Spread top half of each bun with
- Assemble burgers by placing a lettuce leaf on one half of each hamburger bun, adding a burger patty, onions and sliced
- Top with remaining half of bun.
Storage and Shelf-life:
- Patties can be kept in the freezer for up to one
- Storage of hamburger buns please refer to instructions on the product
For more healthy recipes, click here.