Join Monash University Dietetic Students Kali and Roisin for Episode 4 of Marketplace Fresh TV. This week, learn how to make greek yoghurt banana bread – a great nutritious snack for game day.
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
Serving: 8 (138g per serve)
Allergens: egg, milk, gluten (wheat)
• 4 large ripe bananas (mashed)
• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup greek yogurt (Chobani)
• 2 large eggs
• 2 egg yolks
• ¼ cup skim milk
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, line with
baking paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the yogurt and milk and stir until
4. Stir in the egg (and vanilla extract) until smooth.
5. Sieve the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix to form a batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour (check the bread at 50 minutes), or until a
skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
7. Once the bread is done, let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the
baked bread from the pan. Let the bread cool until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.
Storage and shelf-life:
• Wrap the cooled bread with plastic film. Refrigerate and consume within three days.
• Wrap the cooled bread with plastic film and place in a freezer bag. Put it into a freezer.
• Defrost before slicing to serve. Consume within one month.
For more healthy recipes, click here.