The Melbourne Football Club AFLW team kick off their 2018 campaign at Casey Fields this Saturday against the GWS Giants.
After finishing with five wins and two losses last year and narrowly missing the Grand Final, the Demons will be hoping to start their season strongly with a win.
It is the first of three matches at Casey Fields. They will also play matches in Rounds 2 and 5 against reigning premiers Adelaide and the Brisbane Lions respectively.
Superstar and reigning Best and Fairest Daisy Pearce will again captain the side, while fellow All-Australians Mel Hickey and Elise O’Dea have been appointed her vice captains.
The Demons will look to those three leaders, midfield stars Karen Paxman and Lily Mithen, and boom recruit Bianca Jakobsson to guide them to their first Grand Final birth.
Along with the footy, there will be activities before and throughout the game including:
· Free face painting
· Activations and giveaways from sponsors including Chemist Warehouse, iSelect, Fernwood Fitness, and the Donate Life campaign
· Activities for kids including giant Jenga and fitness challenge games
· Roaming Melbourne mascots Flash and Daisy Demon
· DJ and music around the ground
· Plenty more giveaways including stickers plus chances to win a signed team guernsey, caps, ice-cream cones, and more
· Melbourne Football Club merchandise and memberships for sale
· Gourmet food options as well as traditional footy fare for sale
Entre is FREE so please get along on Saturday to cheer the girls on against the Giants!
Gates open at 3.30pm. For the full fixture of games please click here.