Our club by club review of 2017 South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) season continues with Oakleigh next under the microscope.
- 13 teams fielded across all age-groups from Under 8 – Under 17
- Two girls teams fielded in 2017 with plans to introduce a further team in 2018
- On The Field
- Almost half of the club’s team participated in finals with six teams progressing through to the pointy end of the season
- Two Premierships with Under 14 Girls Division 1 (pictured below) and Under 14 Mixed Division 3 both successful
- Two winners of SMJFL League Best & Fairest winners, with a further five players placing in the top three
- 12 players representing the club in Interleague in both boys and girls
- Off The Field
- Continued support for Beyond Blue with annual Fathers’ Night, which included ex-AFL guest speakers, local and state MPs
- The commencement of construction of new club rooms which are expected to be complete by the start of the 2018 season
If you, a friend or your club has a story worth sharing, drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your voice heard!