Posted in Featured News , Front Page News , Monday Monash Review

Under 18 Girls Division 1

East Malvern has taken top spot from St Bedes/Mentone with a strong win over the Tigers at Mentone Reserve. The Knights controlled the game early and moved to a four goal lead at quarter time before charging on to win by 38 points and take home the minor premiership.

St Peters will go into the finals full of confidence after a dominant display over Hampton Rovers. Eliza James starred with seven goals for the winners. Hampton Rovers managed just two goals of their own for the day with Matilda Armstrong kicking both.

Ashwood rounds out the top four, despite going down to East Brighton at the weekend. Only one goal separated the sides at half-time, before the Vampires took control to win by 28 points. Ella Williams kicked two goals for East Brighton, while Abbey Russell added two for the visitors.

Under 18 Girls Division 2

Beaumaris has handed Mordialloc Braeside their first loss of the season after beating the minor premiers by 50 points at Donald McDonald Reserve. Mordi Brae led at quarter time but managed just one point after that, while the Sharks piled on 8.13 for the game.

Only two points separated St Paul’s McKinnon from East Brighton in a close match at Moorleigh Reserve. The Vampires hit the front early through a first term goal to Lucy McConville and carried a five point lead into the last quarter. Sarah Quist kicked the Demons’ first in the final term to snatch victory. Elise March was best for the Demons.

St Kilda City made a statement as they smashed Prahran by 95 points at Peanut Farm. Prahran was unable to score against a strong St Kilda outfit. Zoe Allen had a day out and slotted five for the home team. Prahran will be looking to change things quickly before the teams face off again in this weekend’s semi finals.

Under 17 Boys Division 1

The East Sandringham Rovers finished their season with a come from behind win against fourth placed St Bedes/Mentone at Boss James Reserve. The home side kicked four goals in the last quarter on their way to a 16-point win. Ethan Hale kicked two majors for the Tigers, who will now turn their attention to this weekend’s semi-final.

Ladder leaders Mordialloc Braeside held off a fast finishing Bentleigh in their top of the table clash at Gerry Green Reserve. The Mustangs were kept scoreless in the final quarter but hung on to win by five points in a low scoring affair. Next week’s rematch promises to be another close encounter, with these teams both having beaten each other during the home and away season.

St Peters will carry form into their finals campaign following a 21-point win against Dingley. The Dingoes started strongly at Centenary Park and amassed six scoring shots in the first quarter, but couldn’t kick a goal in the second half. Lucas Sargiotis booted 3 goals for St Peters.

Under 17 Boys Division 2

Cheltenham secured their finals berth with a comprehensive win over Mordialloc Braeside. The Panthers peppered the goals all day, finishing with 12.20. Nick Stewart top scored with three goals, while Jack Roberts added two to bring his season tally to 22. Isaac Dalby and Nathan Andrew kicked one goal each for the Mustangs.

Oakleigh did all they could to try and steal fourth spot in the final round, thumping Murrumbeena at W.A Scammel Reserve. Murrumbeena started well and kicked three straight to lead at the first change. However, the Dragons lifted after that and ran away 82 point winners. George Ruzbacky and Ryan Shaw both kicked three goals for the home side.

St Kilda City have leapfrogged Waverley Park and earned the double-chance with an emphatic win over the Hawks. City jumped out of the gates to lead by 5 goals at quarter time and never looked back, cruising home to win by 78 points. St Kilda City spearhead Jordie Gray slotted 5 to continue his goal kicking ways.

Caulfield has claimed the minor premiership after accounting for Dingley in a one-sided game at Koornang Park. The Bears held the Dingoes to one goal as they added 11 of their own. Spencer Hankin and Luke Thomas combined to kick seven goals for the home team.