Our club by club review of 2017 South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) season continues with Caulfield Bears next under the microscope.
- Record number of registrations with over 300 boys and girls for the first time in the club’s history
- Record number of teams (14), with all age-groups covered
- First-ever girls team (Under 12)
- On The Field
- 40% of eligible teams qualified for finals
- Two teams made Grand Final appearances
- One successful Premiership team (Under 16)
- Several players high place-getters in SMJFL League Best & Fairest awards
- Tess Keogh captained Melbourne in the SMJFL’s U12 ‘Community Cup’ Intraleague match against St Kilda
- Off The Field
- 150% increase in sponsorship revenue from the 2016 season
- Other Achievements/Highlights
- Silvana Kerin (committee member) was recognised by Federal Member for Higgins, Ms Kelly O’Dwyer for outstanding contribution to community service
- Liam Corbett was a finalist for the ‘Recruit Academy’, offering young players the opportunity to continue their education while learning the broader aspects of working within an AFL environment
If you, a friend or your club has a story worth sharing, drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your voice heard!