2017 In Review – Ashwood JFC
Our club by club review of 2017 South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) season continues with Ashwood next under the microscope.
- Participation (Note: After 25 years, juniors was started up again at Ashwood JFC in 2012)
- Six teams across six age-groups in 2017 with a hope of two girls teams in 2018
- Over 200 boys and girls participating in Auskick at the club, feeding into future junior teams
- On The Field
- First junior Premiership in approximately 30 years, won by the Under 13’s who were the original age-group that started the club up again in junior format in 2012, with that team consisting of just 12 players
- First game under lights held with the Under 11’s taking on Dingley in the hope that it becomes an annual event
- 66% of eligible teams in Grand Finals
- Hosted SMJFL finals for the first time
- 36 players reaching the 50-game milestone
- Off The Field
- Continued contribution from Sean and Vicki Dixon from Harvey Norman Preston
If you, a friend or your club has a story worth sharing, drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your voice heard!